Wall clocks not only tell the time but also add a decorative touch to any room. Different types of wall clocks work well in different rooms, depending on their design, size, and functionality. Here are some suggestions for wall clocks that work well in different rooms of your home:
- A wall clock in an office should have a clear and easy-to-read display with accurate timekeeping. Ideally, it should have a silent ticking mechanism to avoid any distracting noise in the office.
- In the kitchen, a wall clock should be functional, easy to read, and durable. A kitchen wall clock should also have a design that complements the room's overall decor. A simple, traditional analogue clock with large numbers works well in the kitchen. Additionally, clocks that have a timer, stopwatch, or temperature display can be practical for cooking and baking activities.
- In the living room, a wall clock can serve as a focal point and decorative accent. A clock with a unique design or intricate details can be a conversation starter and add character to the room. A large, statement clock with bold numbers or Roman numerals is also a popular choice. For a more modern look, consider a clock with a minimalist design or a digital display.
- In the dining room, a wall clock can complement the room's decor while also adding functionality. A clock with a simple, classic design works well in a formal dining room, while a clock with a more eclectic design can add a touch of personality to a casual dining area. A clock with a chime or melody can also create a pleasant ambiance during meals.
- In the hallway, a wall clock should be functional and easy to read. A clock with a simple design and large numbers is a practical choice. Alternatively, a clock with a decorative frame or unique shape can add visual interest to an otherwise plain hallway.
Mondaine's iconic minimalist style for your home
- The Stop2Go is the ideal clock for the office. An important trademark of the Swiss station clock is the smooth movement of the second hand, which reduces noise level. The distinctive red second hand stops for 2 seconds when it reaches 12 o'clock, allowing the minute hand to elegantly jump to the next minute. This distinctive feature of the stop2go movement is generated by two motors: one to ensure the rotation of the second hand, the other to advance the hour hand and inducts the minute hand jump.
- All Mondaine's wall clocks have the classic Official Swiss Railway design, which entails an easy-to-read dial and minimalist / industrial look. You can choose from 5 different colours (red, black, silver, gold, and copper) and 2 sizes (25cm or 40cm), depending on the room's decor or style.